click here for Blade 3.1 / 3.3. 1 User's Guide
Posted on Dec 5 2013
Updated March 25 2016
Blade 3.1 / 3.3.1
Rigid Prop capture is the same as it was in 1.7
Use 5 markers.
- Click on the Actor Layout to configure the workspace.
- Enter an appropriate name, just as you would a normal take.
- Capture ROM by clicking start/stop (just need one frame)
- To calibrate, double click on the blue dot as you would any other capture data
- select all markers by holding ALT and
- under Prop Setup - click Calibrate Prop
For example, with a pretend sword we placed 5
markers with physical ordering 2 543 1 so that 2 and 1 were at
the ends. So select your markers in order (holding ALT) and then
calibrate. The first and second will define your axis with the
third defining your second vector to determine your prop axes.
Attributes on the bone.
Select all constraints.
For visualization you can select Advanced
If you find that your prop is not solving, go
to covariance and change the values to 1.
NOTE: Calibrate prop creates a vsk and a vss
skeleton (unlike calibration of an actor).